Home Staging Goes Beyond Decorating and Cleaning...
It is about adding the small details and dressing the house for sale. Staging makes the house look bigger, brighter and warmer; making home buyers WANT to buy it.
Professional Stagers are highly skilled artisans. They possess skills of a top level designer without breaking the bank. Stagers create dramatic visuals that appeal to all five senses.
The idea behind staging is to allow the rooms of a house to show potential and what they truly have to offer a buyer. A vacant, un-staged, home is a home without a soul and buyers sense this. You will also need to make sure the outside of your home and especially the front entrance is warm and inviting. Make the buyer want to walk inside your home!
- Takes your personality out of the home to appeal to as many people as possible
- Helps showcase key features
- Minimizes awkward elements
- Allows a potential buyer to make an emotional connection with your home and see themselves living there
- The goal is to eliminate any “moments of pause”
- Keeps buyers engaged and excited as they move through the home
Home sellers and REALTORS should seriously consider staging. This process has the very real potential to increase the asking and selling price, resulting in more money to the seller.
How Much Does Staging Cost?
Prices vary depending on several factors. Here are a few of those variables:
- Location: Where the home is located plays a huge role in staging costs. A house that lists for $100,000 is not going to demand as much as one listed for $300,000.
- Size of the home: Square footage is another factor. Depending on how many rooms there are to be staged. ( number of bedrooms, bathrooms, dining, formal dining, kitchen, den, bonus room, etc.
- Furnishings: Will the Stager use the sellers furnishings or will there be a need for more updated and modern furniture that appeals to home buyers. This is the most important factor because if the home lacks design with furniture, the buyers are less likely to see the true potential each room has to offer. Most listing agents (86%) agree that a vacant home shows better with staging and will encourage sellers to hire a Professional Stager. Fees vary and can be very economical considering your return on investment.
Your REALTOR should be able to assist you in getting your home staged. I offer a free professional staging consultation to my sellers who would like to have some assistance with getting their home ready to put on the market.
Keep this in mind...
PRICING WILL GET YOU SHOWINGS, STAGING WILL GET YOU OFFERS!
Learn what a REALTOR can do for you. For personalized assistance, please contact Kim at 615-969-1460
SELLING LIFESTYLES, NOT JUST HOMES
Content provided by Melissa Baker