899 Messenger Rd, Sparta
Historical property with 2.5-3.0 miles of river frontage on the Calfkiller River. General John W. Simpson built the original house in 1831. It is reported the first skirmish of the Civil War was fought on this property. INVESTORS, with the river frontage this could be a great development property. The original house would make a great museum. The house is "AS IS" The foundation is hand-hewn limestone blocks, and the original bricks are handmade. The guest house has 3Br,2B, 1344 sq ft.
- MLS® #2105183
- Full Baths3
- Square Footage3,984
- Year Built1831
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Residence
- Parking Spaces4
- GaragesAttached,Circular Driveway,Driveway,Gravel
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Exterior FeaturesBarn(s),Carriage/Guest House,Storage
- Date ListedDecember 5th, 2019
- Listing OfficeRE/MAX ONE, LLC
- Address899 Messenger Rd
- Area52 - White County
- CountyWhite County
- Zip Code38583
- Interior FeaturesCentral Vacuum,Utility Connection
- CoolingCentral Air
- # of Fireplaces4
- # of Stories2
- Basement DescriptionUnfinished
- ElementaryWoodland Park Elementary
- MiddleWhite Co Middle School
- HighWhite County High School
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange Program of RealTracs Solutions. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than RE/MAX Elite are marked with the Internet Data Exchange Program logo or thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
Disclaimer: All information is believed to be accurate but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal.
Copyright 2020 RealTracs Solutions.
Listing information last updated on January 28th, 2020 at 12:39am CST.