What is a Seniors Real Estate Specialist?
As you age, there comes a point that you want, or need to move on, and you need more than just a REALTOR®. You need a Seniors Real Estate professional with the unique training and knowledge to help you navigate the choices available, both in selling your current home and buying what may be, your final home. It is imperative that you have a professional who is skilled and knowledgeable of all aspects of this important lifestyle change.
Many seniors would prefer to age in place and not move, however, sometimes circumstances prevent this.
Selling Your Senior Home:
This can be a difficult decision. Its your family home. The place where many memories have been made. The place where your children were raised. The safe and secure place you have called home all these years. You need a specialist that understands these emotions and hesitations. A professional who understands the needs of seniors and can provide you with the skill and knowledge to make this life changing transition as seamless as possible.
Here are some reasons why you may be considering a move.
- Home maintenance becomes a burden
- An unexpected life event
- An aging parent needs to move in
- Elder support services are needed and not close by
- Financial concerns
- Are your adult children in agreement with your decision?
- Tax implications if any, need to be determined
Buying a Senior Home:
There are many considerations when looking for your final home. Having a real estate professional who can assist you in all aspects of your transition will eliminate unnecessary stress.
- Do you want a retirement or age restrictive community?
- Are you wanting to be closer to family?
- Would you prefer assisted living?
- Healthcare needs
- Will your pets be welcomed?
- For financial reasons, do you need to sell your current home to purchase a new home?
- Will you be living with a family member?
Trust the sale and/or purchase of your largest asset to Kim Blanton, a Certified Residential Specialist and a Senior Real Estate Specialist.
Contact Kim today for a complimentary Seniors Real Estate consultation and discover the difference.
Learn more about the National Association of Realtors, SRES designation.