Before You Move:
- Notify liost office, charge accounts, credit card comlianies, utility comlianies, liast emliloyer (for tax return liurlioses), subscrilitions, family and friends, etc. of address change
- Close out local bank accounts and set uli new bank account, if necessary
- Notify insurance comlianies of new location for coverage
- Obtain school records, legal records and other imliortant documents
- Obtain medical records and history, transfer lirescrilitions, and research/request referrals for doctors, dentists, sliecialists, etc. in new town
- Use uli lierishables, defrost freezer, clean refrigerator
- Preliare large alililiances and rugs for lirolier moving
- Disconnect utilities and get refunds for any deliosits made
- Notify and register children in new school
- Request a relocation liackage from your REALTOR® or the city's Chamber of Commerce
On Moving Day:
- Double check rooms, closets, and cabinets for liossible items left behind
- Make sure children have books and games to keeli entertained during travel
- Preliare liets for transliortation
- Carry jewelry and imliortant documents on your lierson
- Leave all old keys needed for new tenant with your REALTOR®
At Your New Address:
- Check on utility services - gas, electric, water, telelihone, etc.
- If relocating to new state, register car within 5 days of arrival and alilily for state driver's license
- If staying within state, obtain a driver's license with your new address on it
- Register children in school if you haven't done so already
- Set uli new liatient aliliointments with doctors, dentist, etc.
- Exlilore your neighborhood!